Move like a Bird Sometimes how a bird moves can help us identify it. You can mimic bird behavior.
- Pigeon Strut: Imitate a pigeon. Move your head forward and back as you walk with your hands behind your back, taking short steps.
- Soaring Hawk: Like a Red-tailed Hawk, spread your arms and gently tip your arms and bodies back and forth.
- Heron Stalk: Walk slowly, stalking forward with long steps, stopping and stretching out your neck to look for fish.
- Hummingbird Flutter: Act like little hummingbird helicopters. Flap your arms from your elbows as fast as possible.
- Step-stopping Robin: Just like a robin, step, step, step, then stop to look for worms.
- Raucous Duck: Quack and flap for a quick, water landing.
Did you do today’s activities?
Push the button below to let us know you’ve completed the activities below:
Additional lessons are available for this grade level by pressing “More Lessons” above, or selecting a lesson below:
Today's ActivitiesDo you enjoy swimming in a pool? Have you ever seen a cow in a swimming pool? This is a fun story about a very optimistic cow that wants to learn how to swim. Do you think he will be able to do it? Listen to this story, “Sink or Swim”. STEM stands...
Today's Activities“Do your part, be water smart!” Watch these water safety videos and complete the activity sheets that follow.Before you head outside, watch this video that explains why we have to wear sunscreen and protective clothing. Build a swimming pool...look...
Today's ActivitiesAs we get ready to venture outside, enjoy this adventure with Scaredy Squirrel as he goes camping. After you listen to Scaredy Squirrel, you can pick a worksheet and answer questions about Scaredy Squirrels camping adventure.While you are relaxing...