Talking Math: Day 4
Use this worksheet to help you answer the questions below:
- Is the number of peas in the pod odd or even? How do you know? (2.OA.C.3)
- Can you find pictures of other vegetables that come in groups? Do they typically come in groups of odd or even numbers?
- Find other places you see arrangements of 10 things around you. Draw a picture of them and show someone!
Green peas are transported from farms in bushels that usually weigh about 28 pounds. Find out more here about the weights of different vegetables by visiting this site.
- What problems can you make up and solve about vegetable weights?
- Recommended book about counting: Count on Me by Miquel Tanco
- Find somewhere around you that relates to the math you saw in the image. Take a picture or shoot a video. Send it our way!
Pick your favorite music and in this lesson, students will determine how to move based on the musics beat, words, and tune.
Did you do today’s activities?
Push the button below to let us know you’ve completed the activities below:
Additional lessons are available for this grade level by pressing “More Lessons” above, or selecting a lesson below:
Today's ActivitiesRead the story "What Matters," sometimes a tiny act has a big positive consequence. A simple act of kindness can create a ripple effect that can spread throughout a community. One act of kindness can cause happiness in a single person. Then, because...
Today's ActivitiesHow do you prepare to go camping? Where do people usually camp? What dangers do you have to consider while you are camping? Find out more about camping in this fun book, “A Camping Spree with Mr. McGee!" Scavenger Hunts are fun to do when you go...
Today's ActivitiesSometimes words have a lasting effect on us. Some of us remember positive words that pushed us to persevere, and others remembered unkind words that caused us to feel defeated. Think about the words in this story, "The Dot." In second grade you are...