- Watch the story “Zin! Zin! Zin! A Violin” and read the book “All About Sound” then explore the links under Puzzlers! Optional, explore the links under Dive Deeper.
Talking Math: Day 3
- If 12 more ducks joined the group, how many would there be altogether? Explain or show how you know. (1.NBT.C.4)
- What birds do you see around your home? Sketch and color the different birds you see. Keep track of the type and number of birds you see during the day. Make a display of the data. Show someone and ask them what they learn by looking at your display.
- Ducks weigh far less than one might imagine. Find the weights of different kinds of ducks and put them in order from least to greatest. Mallard ducks migrate to different places. Read more about them here.
- Where do Mallard ducks live? Learn how to draw some birds with Mo Willems here.
- Related children’s book: Johnny’s Pheasant by Cheryl Minnema Find somewhere around you that relates to the math you saw in the image. Take a picture or shoot a video. Send it our way!
- Watch this video about sound, then take the quiz. Tip: you can turn on captioning by clicking on the “cc” at the bottom of the video window.
- What does vibrate mean?
Did you do today’s activities?
Push the button below to let us know you’ve completed the activities below:
Additional lessons are available for this grade level by pressing “More Lessons” above, or selecting a lesson below:
Today's ActivitiesDo you enjoy swimming in a pool? Have you ever seen a cow in a swimming pool? This is a fun story about a very optimistic cow that wants to learn how to swim. Do you think he will be able to do it? Listen to this story, “Sink or Swim”. STEM stands...
Today's Activities“Do your part, be water smart!” Watch these water safety videos and complete the activity sheets that follow.Before you head outside, watch this video that explains why we have to wear sunscreen and protective clothing. Build a swimming pool...look...
Today's ActivitiesAs we get ready to venture outside, enjoy this adventure with Scaredy Squirrel as he goes camping. After you listen to Scaredy Squirrel, you can pick a worksheet and answer questions about Scaredy Squirrels camping adventure.While you are relaxing...