- Watch the story “Come On, Rain!” and read the book “Rainy Weather Days” then explore the sections under “Puzzlers.” Optional, explore the links under Dive Deeper.
Talking Math: Day 2
- How many more whole oranges are there than half oranges? (1.OA.A.1)
- What fruits look like geometric shapes?
- List the fruits and the shapes they look like.
- This link shows an image of a packed prism of oranges.
- What mathematical questions could you ask about the image?
- Watch the video about rain, and then take the quiz.
- How does rain help us live?
- What time of year do you have more rain at your house, winter or summer?
Did you do today’s activities?
Push the button below to let us know you’ve completed the activities below:
Additional lessons are available for this grade level by pressing “More Lessons” above, or selecting a lesson below:
Today's ActivitiesDo you enjoy swimming in a pool? Have you ever seen a cow in a swimming pool? This is a fun story about a very optimistic cow that wants to learn how to swim. Do you think he will be able to do it? Listen to this story, “Sink or Swim”. STEM stands...
Today's Activities“Do your part, be water smart!” Watch these water safety videos and complete the activity sheets that follow.Before you head outside, watch this video that explains why we have to wear sunscreen and protective clothing. Build a swimming pool...look...
Today's ActivitiesAs we get ready to venture outside, enjoy this adventure with Scaredy Squirrel as he goes camping. After you listen to Scaredy Squirrel, you can pick a worksheet and answer questions about Scaredy Squirrels camping adventure.While you are relaxing...