This week you have had a chance to explore some of the nation’s beautiful parks. As you watch this short compilation of images from these parks think about the uniqueness of each.
- Can you identify the parks represented in each image?
- Are there some you can’t identify? Those are from our 5th and last national park, Dry Tortugas National Park.
- If you missed any of the lessons this week feel free to go back and explore them now.
Throughout this week, you have an opportunity to virtually visit five different National Parks. Today’s exploration takes us to our last park, Dry Tortugas National Park in Florida. Dive a shipwreck, swim through the third-largest coral reef in the world, and tour a Civil War-era fort. The pages are interactive so take some time to explore!
After virtually visiting Dry Tortugas National Park, think about the following questions.
- What did you notice about this National Park?
- What do you wonder about this National Park?
- What were some unique features about this park that was different than the other parks you virtually visited? Would you want to visit this park someday? Why or why not.
You can also use this template to explain what you learned and share it with a teacher.
Now that you have visited 5 different National Parks choose one, or choose a different one that interests you. Create a brochure, google slide presentation or infographic that encourages visitors to come to the park to enjoy the unique features it has to offer.
- Use this Park Finder or Find a Park to get started.
- Once you pick your National Park, go directly to that National Parks website to find more information.
Information to include:
- Name and location of the National Park
- Where to stay when visiting the park.
- Activities visitors can participate in at the park.
- Two unique characteristics of the park.
- History of the park – When did it become a park? Why was it preserved as a park? The human history of the area?
Share your creation with a teacher or parent.
Did you do today’s activities?
Push the button below to let us know you’ve completed the activities below:
Additional lessons are available for this grade level by pressing “More Lessons” above, or selecting a lesson below:
Today's ActivitiesThe end of the school year is a great time to think about goals. What do you want to accomplish? What do you want to get better at and feel proud of? Watch this video. Kid President has a dream to share with you! What is Kid President telling us...
Today's Activities Reflect on this image. Talk to another person and share thoughts with each other. What this video about Why Will Smith Wants You to Fail Before You Succeed. Do you agree or disagree with Will Smith? Explain what experience(s) in your life led you to...
Today's ActivitiesToday, we’re going to learn to appreciate a pair of organisms that we often just step right over… or immediately pitch into the garbage. One is green, understated, wise: the Yoda of plants. The other is fuzzy and a little funny-smelling. The fungi...