1. First, watch OK Go’s “This Too Shall Pass” music video.
Think: What are some science concepts in this video?
2. Next, watch the “Hit the Note Challenge” video. This will outline your challenge and the creative thinking behind the music video “This Too Shall Pass.” You might want to take a few notes about the challenge and how to be successful. You will be using the Google Science Journal app to collect the pitch data.
3. Also, watch the “This Too Shall Pass Q&A” video. This Q&A explains the creative and scientific processes they went through to create the music video.
Think: What is one scientific process or principle they used?
You will explore pitch detection using the Google Science Journal App. Make sure you have familiarized yourself with Google Science Journal App by completing the Get Started Guide. Collect the materials and follow the instructions below.
Materials: glass cups, pitcher, science journal, metal spoon, frequency reference sheet, song list
1. Open the Google Science Journal app, create a new experiment and name it “Hit the Note”.
2. Choose the Pitch Detection too. It is the one that looks like a music note. You will use this to collect your pitch data.
3. Now you are ready to start your experiment! Open the Hit the Note Student Guide review the notes and complete Part 1 and Part 2!
Did you do today’s activities?
Push the button below to let us know you’ve completed the activities below:
Google Science Journal: Hit the Note In Hand Packet
Required for this lesson
You will need the FREE Google Science Journal App to complete this activity.
Available for Android and iOS
Additional lessons are available for this grade level by pressing “More Lessons” above, or selecting a lesson below:
Today's ActivitiesThe end of the school year is a great time to think about goals. What do you want to accomplish? What do you want to get better at and feel proud of? Watch this video. Kid President has a dream to share with you! What is Kid President telling us...
Today's Activities Reflect on this image. Talk to another person and share thoughts with each other. What this video about Why Will Smith Wants You to Fail Before You Succeed. Do you agree or disagree with Will Smith? Explain what experience(s) in your life led you to...
Today's ActivitiesToday, we’re going to learn to appreciate a pair of organisms that we often just step right over… or immediately pitch into the garbage. One is green, understated, wise: the Yoda of plants. The other is fuzzy and a little funny-smelling. The fungi...