How do you measure happiness? Is it possible?
- Watch “How to Measure Happiness Around the World” by National Geographic.
- Take the survey and tell us how YOU measure happiness. How Do You Measure Happiness Survey
Close your eyes and picture yourself in a place or in a situation that makes you happy. Draw a picture of this scene. Then, write a list of 5 things that make you happy. Share that list with a friend or family member, and ask them to do the same.
Happiness can have an effect on our brains. Explore the interactive infographic “Start Your Journey” to learn brain science, how happiness benefits our brain, and skills you can use to increase your happiness.
- Use this student reflection document to record what you learn. The link will ask you to “make a copy”. That copy is yours to edit. Feel free to share the document with a parent, teacher or friend when you are done!
- During times of stress, happiness can seem difficult to come by. However, practice makes perfect! Choose one of the six sustainable happiness skills you would like to practice during the week. Use the “Developing My Happy” student handout plan and track your progress.
Choose an activity and share it with a parent, friend, or teacher!
- Create a poem using six sustainable happiness skills.
- Create a mandala-inspired by the 6 Sustainable Happiness Skills.
Emotions spread like energy—when we feel happy, it spreads to the people around us. Activate happiness in your household with this fun family activity.
Did you do today’s activities?
Push the button below to let us know you’ve completed the activities below:
Additional lessons are available for this grade level by pressing “More Lessons” above, or selecting a lesson below:
Today's ActivitiesThe end of the school year is a great time to think about goals. What do you want to accomplish? What do you want to get better at and feel proud of? Watch this video. Kid President has a dream to share with you! What is Kid President telling us...
Today's Activities Reflect on this image. Talk to another person and share thoughts with each other. What this video about Why Will Smith Wants You to Fail Before You Succeed. Do you agree or disagree with Will Smith? Explain what experience(s) in your life led you to...
Today's ActivitiesToday, we’re going to learn to appreciate a pair of organisms that we often just step right over… or immediately pitch into the garbage. One is green, understated, wise: the Yoda of plants. The other is fuzzy and a little funny-smelling. The fungi...