Going On A Grammar Hunt
Here are some activities you can use today to improve your grammar skills.
- Walk around your house and find 5 nouns. (person, place, thing). Write them on a piece of paper.
- List 5 verbs. (action words) write each verb on a piece of paper.
- List 5 Pronouns. (he, she, we, they, us, him, etc.) put on a piece of paper.
- List 5 Adjectives. (describing words/describe nouns – small, big, juicy, round) list on a piece of paper.
- Cut up each word and put all nouns in a pile, verbs in a different pile, adjective pile, and pronoun pile.
- Pick one paper per pile and make a complete sentence using those words. Add in any words to help your sentence be more interesting.
Noun Or Verb Alphabet Hunt:
Write each letter of the alphabet. Try to find a noun for each letter and write it in. You can do this for verbs also.
Use your words to explain your thinking to someone when you solve these math problems.
Leveled learning extension 1: Reinforce your math skills with these pages which offer more basic math problems!
Leveled learning extension 2: Tease your brain with this worksheet to target foundational math skills!
Did you do today’s activities?
Push the button below to let us know you’ve completed the activities below:
Additional lessons are available for this grade level by pressing “More Lessons” above, or selecting a lesson below:
Today's ActivitiesThe events you are living through today will be part of history tomorrow. Stories people write about parts of their lives can be used by people in the future to learn about the past. Learn more with this BrainPOP Jr. video. What will your future...
Today's ActivitiesDiscuss this picture with an adult at home. What do you think it means? Why do you think the illustrator chose an iceberg to represent success? Lookup any of the words under the water, labeled “What People Don’t See,” that you don’t know in a...
Today's ActivitiesWatch “Miss Nelson Has a Field Day” and fill out this story map to describe the plot elements.First, draw a large chalk 10 by 10 grid on the blacktop or sidewalk. Mark the numbers 1 through 10 along the top and down the left side. Get beanbags (or...